'21 '22 Season update information
Thunder... season updates keep rollin' out!
What you will find below:
- registration - CLOSED
- u18 HS winter - unavailable
- CMBA winter schedule - full length games!
- Tykes - Friday night lights!
- Thunder - team.community.commitment
CMBA, and by way of extension, Thunder, adjusts and abides by any requests/requirements from our facility rentals, municipalities, and/or AHS on public requirements.
First, to clarify for all, facility protocols are NOT created, guided, or in any way under our organizations control. We are simply sharing the information with our members of what we are being told to keep everyone as informed and aware as possible.
Second, as any/all requirements are byway of our facility use, we are ONLY to proceed to the requirements of AHS and individual facility protocols. This means that though we appreciate that all want to be as prepared and organized as possible, no one on a team is to request and/or collect individual documentation. Each person making use of the facility is responsible for their own protocol alignment to the venue specific requirements. Again, we are here to offer as much information as possible (ideally in advance of your arrival at a venue) to allow you to be prepared for venue specific requirements.
That said, there are AHS released updates which thankfully still allow our season to move ahead. With that, a reminder that as posted to our site, previously sent in emails, reiterated to the end of being annoying.... the requests/requirements are not up for debate.
It is unfortunate, but unless notified directly by your Board, the following remain in place (at a minimum) to protect our season and keep our teams playing:
- Entering and exiting
- masks on!
- adhere at minimum to AHS, though these maybe extended by individual facility protocols
- entering and exiting are ON TIME - not early, not late
- arrive dressed, we will have limited access and only our allotted time
- follow any facility directions (ie. enter here, exit there)
- limited (or no) spectators - reference to venue information for specifics
- player transportation (parents, siblings, friends, etc) must be waiting outside the facility (parking lots) after practice/games
- arrive 10 minutes before the end of practice/games for pick up
- players will be outside once practice/games are done, you are not to show up late
- be respectful, kind, polite, be human
You choose to be here, to offer an opportunity to your players, and we are collectively doing the best we can to keep this season moving through an ever changing landscape.... let's protect all that we can in a way that is courteous to one another.
u18HS WINTER season - unavailable
Regrettably CMBA is unable to offer a u18HS winter season due to limited gym availability. CMBA will likely run a spring league, so please watch our site and CMBA's for updates on that.
Modified WINTER season - CMBA '22
Return for the winter 22' CMBA season will be regular, full length games (modified as per youth level of play)! Unfortunately , our facility rentals remain vary limited as the City and school boards have extended their postponement of our use for the remainder of the season.
- U11, U13, U15
- Winter schedule - all games pools are finalized for teams to move into full length games
- practices schedules are a work in progress as Thunder attempts to find facility availability
- practices will likely be weeknights and we will probably need to double teams up as court availability is extremely limited
- January- start regular season games!
- January 8th - practice dates for all teams; team schedule information will be issued to your coaches
- January 15th - Regular season begins (full length games as per youth level of play and modified rules)
- January 22nd - game day
- January 29th - game day
- February 5th - game day
- February 12th - last regular season game day
- February 19th - NO GAMES (Family Day holiday weekend)
- February 26th - CMBA playoffs begin
- March 5th - CMBA playoffs end
All registration is closed.
Uniform sizing chart - check your measurements
You are responsible for the uniform size, so with it we would suggest that you actually measure and do your best to have a little room to grow... but try to avoid swimming in it!
NO we do NOT mix and match sizes... sorry, it is a uniform set, so do your best to size yourself accordingly.
Tykes - Friday night lights!
Tykes will continue to run Friday nights at Prolific!
NO outdoor shoes in Prolific
**schedule has been released/updated in TeamSnap app!**
Thunder - team.community.commitment
Lets be ready for the season, excited for the opportunity to play ball, and ensure we are respectful to all involved. From your Thunder board, to your coaches, to CMBA, to our facilities, to your family, to our competitors.... we show up, leave it all on the floor, and ALWAYS do it with respect!
Being part of Thunder is being part of our team, you are our community and we are committed to offering each other the best basketball experience possible. It is a sport, we are competitive, and in it we always show good sportsmanship!
To you all, .... thank you on behalf of your Thunder board for your continued understanding and patience, the return to ball has been great! Lets keep it going in the New Year... heart & hustle!
Coach Stephen J. Kerr President