COACHES - if you are canceling a practice, for whatever reason, this MUST be communicated to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12pm (NOON) the day of. Late cancels go against our good standing.
Gyms - YOU must READ and abide by ALL rules and etiquette. We are unfortuantely having to address facility complaints filed against our use which not only goes against our good standing, but will see our permits revoked and reinstatement can be up to 3 years out. We will not have our permits put at risk because no gyms equal no basketball. So ALL of us, coaches, players, guardians, siblings, everyone supporting the players and team in the gym, MUST abide by all rules and etiquette. If we continue to have issues you may regrettably find that your individual player, team, and/or yourself receives a suspension from participation to protect the permits for all of us.
Gym etiquette and rules:
- NO outside shoes - these must be removed at the entrance, this includes all siblings, cousins, grandparents, etc. No excuses of "my shoes are dry". And IF you are uncomfortable leaving your shoes at the entrance, no problem, the solution is easy.... bring a plastic bag (fits in your pocket, pull it out), put your shoes in the bag and carry it with you. But again, NO outside shoes in the gym.
- we no longer care if the facility indicates "just wipe your feet" - EFFECTIVE immediately Thunder's rule to ensure consistency, no matter which indoor facility you play at, NO outside shoes
- to be clear, this applies to practices and games, again, at all facilities we use
- floors need to be clean for grip, so tracking in dust still puts our players at risk - help us, help you keep your players safe.
- Additionally, and you all know this, it ruins the floors! You would not walk on your hardwood at home with outside shoes, do NOT do it in the facilities we use.
- breaking this rule will be like any other, it might be met with a suspension as it is exhausting that we are continually having to have this as an issue - do better!
- Every team needs a volunteer at each practice to let the next team in.... Please do this 10 minutes before the end of your current practice, so that it is 10 minutes before the start of the next practice.
- ALL coaches have access to our gym permits, so coaches it is your responsibility to help keep your team informed if there is another group in before or after to be mindful of access
- IT IS NOT THE CUSTODIAN'S JOB TO LET US IN THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT.
- If you are 20 minutes early, I guess you are enjoying some quality time in your vehicle because you are NOT banging on the door or ringing the school doorbell. You will WATCH for the team in front of you to let you in!
- do NOT drop players off; as parents/guardians, it is your responsibility to ensure that your player enters the gym and ONLY at our set practices times.
- the same goes for pick up - your player must be picked up on time; facilities are not required to allow your player to stay in the building. Our use is for their gym only.
- PRACTICE needs to end BEFORE your scheduled time - your end time is when you must be OUT OF THE BUILDING!
- so if practice is 6:15pm to 7:45pm, everyone needs to be out of the building by 7:45pm.... maybe wrap up practice 10 minutes earlier - there is no additional grace period and your runover on time may cost us future use of the gym
- NO BALLS are bounced outside of the gym!
- not only is this a requirement with our rentals, but it is also just courtesy as we do not want to cause additional noise!
- u11s a(and Tykes) - nets readjusted
- custodial staff on duty will provide equipment to adjust the height of the hoops
- it is your teams responsibility to readjust the hoops to full height and return them back against the wall before leaving the gym
- no one is outside of the gym!!!!
- there are no siblings playing in the hall, your Aunt is not touring the school, Mom is not walking the hallways for a quick business call... ALL of YOUS are in the gym if you are in the building!
- when seated in the gym, do NOT side along the baseline (aka under the nets) as that is not safe for you or the players!
- At games....do NOT have your players siblings, cousins, friends, etc hitting the game floor at any point! Timeouts and halftime are still game time... if you want to perform a halftime show, let me know and we can talk about your additional volunteer opportunities to assist our programming... but it is NOT your sick center court cartwheel that is going to win you any points with us.
- Please be a good fan by remaining off the floor and showing your respect for the teams in the game - plus, entering the floor during a game is a violation to your players participation which may see suspensions issued
Thunder, it is simple... we need our gyms in order to offer you a place to play, so be courtesy, respectful, and thankful that we have these available to us... and show all of that by FOLLOWING THE RULES AND ETIQUETTE, please and thank you!