Message sent Wednesday, March 17th, 2020
Important Message Update from CMBA, March 17th - 2020 - in regards to Coronavirus (COVID-19)- Please Forward
Hello Coaches, Club Directors, and Team Managers, Spring League 2020 Update in regards to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
CMBA has been informed by the City of Calgary Recreation Dept that all school rentals have been canceled at CBE and CSSD schools up until April 30th, 2020 due to Coronavirus (Covid-19) precautions. As per CMBA’s Original email message on Friday, March 13th we have moved to Step 2.
The Season is delayed in its start by two or three weeks, or one month. If the season is delayed league registration fees would be prorated and refunded to teams on the amount of lost games that were not played during the period of delay. Also, Coronavirus (COVID-19) game procedures would be in place for all games.
Further to Step 2 Proration of team fees would take place at the end of March on March 31st, 2020. Considering a condensed May and June season goes ahead.
Thank you for you patience in this time as we watch and wait on further direction from AHS (Alberta Health Services), The Province of Alberta, and the City of Calgary.
If you have further questions or concerns please email CMBA at email@example.com ; with the mass influx of phone calls we are better suited to administer email responses.
Calgary Minor Basketball Association
(Original Email Message for your reference)
Message sent Friday, March 13th, 2020
Important Message from CMBA in regards to Coronavirus (COVID-19), Please circulate this message to all teams, clubs, coaches, families in your program.
CMBA is actively monitoring the ongoing public health situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have received many questions from our families, and we want to stress that we understand these concerns, given the significant attention this topic has received in the media. We are committed to help protect the health and safety of the athletes, staff, coaches, and extended families
CMBA does not offer medical advice regarding disease prevention, but we refer our teams to the resources listed at the end of this Advisory regarding Coronavirus.
CMBA is monitoring developments from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and Alberta Health Services (AHS). While both the PHAC and AHS acknowledge that there is a public health concern, both agencies state that the risk for individuals is low. However, given how quickly things can change, CMBA will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as the circumstances require or if CMBA makes changes.
Considering the current situation here are some of the potential steps moving forward into the 2020 Spring Season.
***CMBA will readdress these options on March 30th, 2020*** Update will be provided on March 31st, 2020 via email to all teams and clubs.***
*** Please note teams that with draw will not be charged any service fees, this situation is an extreme circumstance and grace will be given to all teams and clubs in the league when providing refunds. ***
Please keep you and your family safe in these difficult circumstances. If you have further questions or concerns please email CMBA at firstname.lastname@example.org ; with the mass influx of phone calls we are better suited to administer email responses.
We remind everyone to continue to take preventative actions advised by public health officials to help stop the spread of germs, including washing hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds, containing coughs into a tissue or sleeve and staying home if you are sick, especially if you have a respiratory illness and fever.
The following resources are available for further information:
Public Health Agency of Canada
Alberta Health Services
Sport Medicine Advisory Committee